~ROliverLuce | 03-21-15
In Galatians 2, it has been said we are justified by faith and not by our works nor by our works of the law either. We do believe this! So to put further light on this subject so that we might walk in victory, for whose of us who put our Trust in our God and the Lord Jesus the Christ, let me bring up something the Apostle James has written and has taught centuries ago now in the ReNewed Covenant (formerly known as the New Testament)!
Faith does come from God’s Word and it does produce works (if we choose to act) from our Spirit, even from HIS inspiration, HIS Holy Spirit inspiration!!
But we do know, the works from the flesh and of the law do not save us!
On the other hand faith without works is dead which means there is a work that saves and there are works of the law (that saves) if we know that the law only points us to faith and trust in the Truth. And Truth is a Person!
And if we have Faith that comes of the Word of Promise then our works must come from our faith, our trust from our spirit RATHER than originate from our flesh or the law that we might even boast of our own selves without considering that God is our provision and help and not we of ourselves.
James 2:14-26 NASB
(14) What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
(15) If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
(16) and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
(17) Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
(18) But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”
(19) You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
(20) But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
(22) You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;
(23) and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God.
(24) You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
(25) In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?
(26) For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.